Are you eligible for VAT exemption on VAT Relief products?
Learning Space will help you get the best price for your products, where possible, we can provide certain products to you without charging VAT.
Parents and carers of chronically sick or disabled children are eligible to receive VAT relief on applicable products if they are for domestic and personal use. Products that are applicable for VAT relief are highlighted with the logo.
Once you select a product with the VAT logo, you will then be asked to select an Ex VAT price or an Inc VAT price.
Please then continue to checkout where you will not be able to proceed until you have selected this box and completed the below form
Below we have outlined the options for various customers*:
- Families in the UK and ROI - you are eligible for VAT relief on the products with the VAT relief sticker if you are taking care of a child with disability or illness.
- Charities in the UK and ROI - If the items you are purchasing are for the use of an individual with a disability or illness then you are eligible for VAT relief on the products with the VAT relief sticker. Please note you may be able to claim all your VAT back in your tax returns.
- Schools, Nurseries and Businesses in the UK - You are not eligible to claim VAT relief upon ordering but may be able to claim VAT back if you are VAR registered.
- Schools, Nurseries, Charities and Businesses in the ROI - If you are VAT registered in the Republic of Ireland you will not have to pay any VAT on your order, but we will need your VAT number. If you are not VAT registered, then you will need to pay VAT but it will be calculated at the UK rate of 20%, not the ROI rate of 23%.
This advice is to the best of our knowledge at the time of writing. The final VAT decisions will be that of the TAX Authority each customer resides under.
Only applicable on items with VAT Relief option. If no option was given for VAT relief, this product is not eligible. Not all items are eligible as they are not specifically designed and made for those with a disability - for example games and balls.
* Goods sold at 0% VAT can only be released if a declaration form has been completed.
Please note that it is an offence to make a false declaration. Please note VAT must be charged on delivery. Charities qualify for VAT exemption where these conditions are not met, however schools may not qualify as the goods are not for domestic use. However, they may be able to redeem the VAT from Customs and Excise.
If you are in any doubt as to whether you are eligible to receive zero rated goods, you should contact the HM Revenue & Customs National Advice Service on 0845 010 9000 or call our helpline on 02890 319 360 before completing this transaction.